Sunday 29 October 2017

~Where is your power.

Being born in a family without pressures.
More than my own family, seems like my relatives hold more value than me.
Families with a cut-throat competition, bondage seems to be in vain.
Why compete so much, when your own kid's happiness you fail to see?

"I am 5 and I want to become an artist when I grow up!
Canvas infront of me, painting a galaxy holding a tea cup.
All over the world, people recognising my talent,
rugged and bearded, artsy ladies getting charmed by my persona being so galant!"

"Humongous money I'd make, people sharing my art over their walls,
My wife and children giving me a proud grin, standing in a big art hall."

"Haughty relatives from my family being jealous from the achievements I have made,
"My son earns 3 lacs a month." Well? I earn the same amount everyday,
My canvases hung on the wall, While I am here being laid!"


So much I had thought of, today I am 20.
Pressurized to do something which was against my passion, expecting me to pass with a score of 90.

Nobody valued my mind so creative, every one seemed to look away,
I brought my artpiece to show them in my hands; looks of disgust came my way.

"Wannabe M.F. Hussain, get back to your den!
What will others think of you? You have no idea of it, you're stupid. You have no brain."

Funny how they indirectly depict that in their lives a relative's perspective hold more value.

Now I know why babies cry when they're born, they know what they're leading themselves into.

A 4-day validity life full of competition to prove your power,
Power is what money is called as here, choosing guns instead of flowers.

Well, when you die, I don't think they'll place a gun on your grave and walk away.

Flowers hold the value. Those flowers kept on your grave will carry your soul to home.

And call it a day.

~ Where is your power.

3 comments: